Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I Hope It's Melted Snow

Today we received our first real studio assignment. It's an infill project - go figure. It should be quite fun though, its about 15 yards wide, so lots of interesting stuff can take place. We are to design a furniture store/showcase. Other news... it is a blizzard outside. This marks the first time my toes have gotten cold since we have been here. It is snowing down, left, right, even up. It is snowing up. This makes it incredibly difficult walking to and from the train station. I constantly wonder if the moisture on the tip of my nose is melting snow or snot. Looking at everyone else there's a 50% chance that it's melted snow...

My studio professor, Mark, who is very nice and bright, mentioned he hasn't seen a winter like this in some time. Maybe 15 years. I guess I should consider myself lucky. We have a lecture tomorrow morning on danish furniture design I think, and then Thursday morning we are heading off to Jutland! I hope it doesn't get canceled from snow accumulation. There is something happening in the common room tonight in about 15 minutes. Daniel is at the gym, so I may peek around and see what's going on. It's cold, really cold.

3 comments:

  1. Daniel is at the gym? Well what are you doing lazy boy? Just blogging? Daniel whip my cute skinny boy into shape!

    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Daniel...whip him good. Ha! Thanks a million Matt for the help. It really looks cold there. When you shoot in B&W it makes the scenery appear so deserted and stark. Or it could just be the way it is, huh? Glad you guys are getting around so well. The blog is still working! Nice for us to see everything going on now, nice for you to have for future reference. Take care! JT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt, be sure to check you email ths am. the photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete