Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Moments of Memory

I made it, and I only lost my towel! That is actually not too bad considering about three people lost their wallets and a few lost their cameras. What happens on the Viking Line stays on the Viking Line apparently. The trip was amazing though. It completely wore me out. I don't want to go over the exact same stuff the Daniel already has, so I will share a few particular photos and favorite moments. 

Favorite Church I visited - Myyrm aki Church in Finland
Architect: Juha Leiviska and Pekka Kiviaslo



Best Religious Moment - Woodland Cemetery 
Architect: Erik Asplund and Sigurd Lewerentz


When I realized Alvar Aalto is a God of Architecture - Jyvaskyla Masterplan
Architect: Alvar Aalto 
This is the auditorium, just beautiful



Best skyline - Stockholm 
Walking home from the modern museum of art designed by Rafael Moneo


When I missed home most - Crushin' through some ice on the infamous Viking Line. It's really too bad there is no way to understand the scale of these pieces of ice, but suffice it to say that I could walk across them without too much trouble.



Best Friend I made
Stockholm, Sweden

No comments:

Post a Comment