Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Last Day of Orientation

Today was the last day of orientation, and we are thankful. Not to say we didn't have fun, but I was outside for 3 hours today hunting down checkpoints on a scavenger hunt while it was pouring down snow. It was freezing. I saw a lot of cool things and made notes for Dan and I to go back and check them out this weekend. I took some pictures of what it's like to wake up over here. Today was really dark because of the snow coming in.


This is looking out of our hallway across to the other wing of our apartments.



This is looking down the axis of the apartment complex into a small courtyard inaccessible to us.



This is a small bakery on the corner of our street. They always have fresh Weinerbrød (Danish) and other breads. This morning I was about 45 minutes early to the scavenger hunt meeting post so I went into a local bakery and got a Chokocroissant (a croissant with a small piece of dark chocolate stuffed inside.) It was delicious.

On the scavenger hunt we saw where the Queen lives, only the second Queen in almost 1000 years of ruling, and still a member of the original ruling family of Denmark. I saw the changing of the guards, Nyhavn, the Parliament, and many other interesting sites. Daniel and I plan on going out and actually documenting all of this with photos and sketches this weekend on our own time so we can spend as little or much time as we would like in the places.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Honey, why is the courtyard inaccessible? I can't wait to see more photos!!! show us some snow!! Love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete