Saturday, January 23, 2010

Getting Lost - Happy Birthday Jaime!



Today was a day of walking the city and exploration for me. It was nice and sunny but still cold. Daniel had to go into studio so I marked a few points on my map and went exploring. One building happened to be at the end of our street. This is an apartment building called Øbro 105-107. It's a modern interpretation of buildings in Østerbro, the borough we live in. 


Architect: C. F. Møller

Underneath this building is a Netto, which is a small discount grocery we go to sometimes. There is also a Fakte we go to right on the corner of our building. Since we live in a residential area there are a lot of apartments and food stores beneath them.

Then I set off for my next destination which I never arrived. I got turned around and lost, found a Førtex, or an equivalent to our Super Target I guess, and found a really cool gymnasium on some elementary school campus next to a beautiful park that was frozen over. There was a father and two kids feeding the ducks and some other white birds. The kids were having a blast and were really sad to leave say,"Farvel,Farvel" to the birds. I walked around the park a few times, passing strolling lovers and dog walkers. No one looks you in the eye here, they just simply avoid walking into you.

Finally, I just want to wish Jaime a happy birthday. These last ten years have been extraordinary with you, and I wouldn't change a moment of them. I miss you more than anything and always thinking of you.














1 comment:

  1. Hi Matt, the photos are wonderful! I love the park bench shot, and the spiral staircase is just beautiful (but tricky for those of us with a fear of heights!)
    and the description of the children at the pond...awesome...

    It sounds like you did quite a bit of great exploring...send more photos when you can. It just started raining very hard here and the wind has been very strong. earlier today sam got under the house somehow and we could only get him out with a chunk of roast. he was just napping under there..??

    Avatar was incredible. Lisa and I loved it, but believe it or not, Robert fell asleep during the movie. I had to wake him up he snoring so loud.

    we miss you and love you. hope Daniel is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete